CIS214: Access — Week 10: Practical Project
Instructor: Charles Ott
In this week (and one day next week if necessary), we will complete a fairly realistic Access application. Your grade for the project reflects how you finish it. This project counts the same as three quizzes.
The project is a membership application for a church or text-exempt organization. You can download a Member table from the Homework Data Files page. The complete project will include these components:
- A form to enter new members and edit existing members.
- A membership report, nicely formatted, that shows names and addresses for all members.
- A donation form that will let a clerk record donations from a member.
- Two donation reports: (1) donations from one member (chosen at the time the clerk runs the report), and (2) donations from all members, with totals.
- A mailing label report for all members.
Here are some logos you can use. Right-click and choose "Save Image As ..." to save them to your disk.
Week 10 Homework
Create this application and be able to demonstrate it in class. Grading will be on the following criteria. Important: your reports will be graded on appearance and correctness. Your forms will be graded on appearance, correctness and attention to data validation.
Requirements and grading:
|Correctly create the tables and relationships needed.||40|
|Report: Membership list||10|
|Report: Donation by Member||10|
|Report: All donations.||10|
|Report: Mailing labels for all members.||10|